User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Showing results 46 to 59 of 59

Thread: Help Me Understand...

Soule

Re: Help Me Understand...

Well, shit's changed. You can post your style all you want. It'd be refreshing reading a new piece from you after the months of DjKingDavid posting his shitty writing around here.

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery~Murdera View Post
    No. Evolve was Rich N.I.

haha yessss....that was it, lol... I beat him in 02 I believe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Battle Record
    12-1

Why is that noteworthy? Lol. There are so many things wrong with this thread, I couldn't possibly point it all out. Wow.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Cypher Sadist
    Battle Record
    37-15
    Awards AOTW 25+ Wins VBL Champion Legendary Member ABL Season Champion ABL Champion OM HOF

Talking to me, brah? ^ ( says in Cartman impersonating Dog The Bounty Hunter's voice )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CypherAlumni

Vincent | Sammy | Vallus | Dose Blotter | Onceawhile | Virbius | Bag Mandela | Celph Taut

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Why is that noteworthy? Lol. There are so many things wrong with this thread, I couldn't possibly point it all out. Wow.
    chris i love you cause you stay in character it just makes me think our star wars themed wedding will be that much better
    Last edited by Extinctor Draconis; September 8th, 2009 at 08:41 PM
    De Kapitein

Battle Record
    7-1

i wanna be obi wan kenobi!

Artifical Intelligence

awwww
    - Phisix a.k.a Phyzx -

HipHop - Drum N Bass - Hardcore

PhisiX - Remaining Dreams ( Martin Luther King )
    [SOUNDCLICK]7941487&q[/SOUNDCLICK]

-
    -
    -

Battle Record
    56-25
    Awards LLL Season Champion - LLL Season Champion Cypher Winner FL Champion

<- Hans Solo
    Now I am become death; destroyer of worlds.

Battle Record
    27-18

Quote Originally Posted by Mystery~Murdera View Post
    The Open Mic forum???? This forum completely pisses me off now. When did multis/vocab overcome the need to actually tell a decent story or put together some type of coherent thought? Is that hip hop now? Because I scourge this forum for hip hop or any type of lyrical existence and I see the same shit written by like 100 different named artists. This forum, to me, is worse than Front Lines. I don't get it and it irritates me more and more everytime I get on. Back... wayyyyy back... when I wanted to read a talented hip hop author not necessarily battling but just being lyrical, original, and/or telling stories I would browse up to that forum and I would say 1/2 pieces I could at least read. I can't say the same anymore. Because of the bullshit "must read" rules garbage is getting feedback. You don't even have to earn feedback anymore because it's a law and people are hesitant to give you honest feedback anyway. They copy and paste "I'm feelin this... good insight. Work on your vocab." Wtf? It used to be your shit sucked... nobody commented on it and fell to the bottom of the abyss. Oh well, get better. And I'm not shitting on any mods because this isn't the mod's fault. This problem is like 7 seven years strong. I don't know where it went wrong but I wish it could be fixed. It's like the critics took over OM and now every piece has a cardboard cut out make up. "Insert tragedy here, insert four big words here, useless multis here." "Think we're missing originality and/or the essence of hip hop?" "...hmm... nah. Nobody reads that shit anymore." I don't know if the forum needs to be deregulated or what but it needs to be better. I can only read the HOF nominations anymore if that. Do people ever even read text outloud anymore? Do people realize it's supposed to be audio based... at all? Or has it became it's own animal? Mystery misses the days of OMs by Evolve, Camarac (not Baron Mynd: Camarac), .:Madd Professor:., Lyricali, Auspicious, Edicius, Born To Kill (not BTK)... and so on... and so on...
    Damn, you don't miss my OMs, I'm hurt.. Nah but on the real you're right, the majority of OMers don't drop quality verses.. There was some nice stuff in the SS this season though.. This is Sand by the way, haven't seen you in a minute
    follow me on Instagram @updowndaps

Battle Record
    0-1

damn Sand wat up fool.

Battle Record
    27-18

Quote Originally Posted by Quotient View Post
    damn Sand wat up fool.
    Not much homie long time no talk! I've just been going to school trying to finish up so I can start applying to law schools and all that. I just started posting around here again things have changed a lot haha, how have you been?
    follow me on Instagram @updowndaps

Battle Record
    8-7

I'd blow up the OM section however
    I post there...

It's been a very long time since I've seen a handful
    of consistent good writers drop there... oh well

Animal
    Battle Record
    8-3
    Awards LLL Season Champion

mystery goes hard.. in 3 years holla at me nigga

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Battle Record
    1-2

I rather enjoyed giving feedback in OM, at a time. I even took the time to try to help very good writers (and hapless novices) consider some things, whether their artistic vision trumped the value of my insights. Unfortunately, the flagrant lack of effort and the prideful made it more a chore than a gesture of good faith. That prefaced, I don't write often and I wouldn't suffer through the garbage therein (merely to qualify for open criticism myself).

There's something overly emotional, rather than inspirational, about that section. I vaguely recollect constructive criticism (not just from me) being politicized by other critics. At this point, I tend to only read OM submissions that have been nominated for HOF. It seems counterintuitive, as a community.

Besides that, anyone who submits something to OM and says something like, "I was just fuckin' around. So...whatever." should be banned. That's beyond ridiculous and I remember that being the vibe and statement of bravado in many cases.

Originally Posted by DJKingDavid
    I have been pretty much boo'd out of Open Mic...but i want to know what pplz think bout my writing abilities...PLEASE HELP ME OUT!!!